Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Coffee Caddy Kind Of Mornin'


Hey there friends! I hope you all are having a glorious morning! To be honest with you, I have had a feeling down and home-sick kind of week. I was allowing myself to get overwhelmed by trivial things and wasn't looking at the positive. Maybe it's the lack of sun that I am so used to (I should get a sun lamp). Today, on the other hand, I am feeling incredibly happy and hopeful and I am challenging myself and all of you to focus on and look at all the beauty in life around you. I am blessed with a comfy chair to blog in (in my dream little village and home in Europe), the sound of the morning breeze blowing gently through my trees, and the refreshing smell of dawn coming in my window. I am blessed with a supportive family and friends and the list goes on and on....Ignore the negative today and enjoy all of your blessings big and small. 
While you are doing that, here is a quick afternoon project for you that can be done by just shopping around your home. I decided I wanted to create a coffee/ tea caddy-bar (you could do this with cocoa if you aren't a caffeine drinker) in my kitchen since my bar area pretty much goes unused. I grabbed a galvanized metal pedestal I got on clearance at Homegoods last summer,  and filled it to the brim with goodies that could go in coffee and tea. 
The pedestal is portable so I can carry it out to the patio or to our coffee table where we could enjoy a cup of tea or Jo!

I filled the bottom tray with loose and packaged tea, local honey, tea cups, and my homemade flavored sugars.
The top tray holds cream, vanilla extract, vintage spoons, more homemade flavored sugar, and salt and sugar shakers that I filled with cinnamon and cocoa powder. In the Fall I will add pumpkin spice. 
I also took pictures of what it looks like on my beverage bar . This would be nice for a casual coffee or tea party.
I grabbed one of my wine crates (a fruit crate would look fantastic too!) and set it up with homemade all natural chocolate oat bars. The bars are sitting on a homemade pedestal from left over dishes. The best part about wood is you can write on it with chalk and it wipes right off!


I am off to drink some coffee and to reflect on all the good things in life. 
I would love to see pictures of any of your coffee caddies or bars or just to hear about the awesome things happening in your life! If you have a prayer request it would give me joy to add you to my prayer list :)

Romans 12:2 "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind........"


*Click here to get recipes for homemade flavored sugar
*Click here for a tutorial on making homemade vintage cake pedestals
*Click here for a tutorial on making a cafe style chalkboard
*Click here for instructions on making a beverage bar

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Molly, this is so cute! What a nice idea to have when entertaining some friends. Always impressed at how you put simple things togeather so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Crystal! You will have to come over and enjoy a cup!

      Delete
  2. oh, this is so sweet. I love it. And I love the quote and verse! We have a little tray from Target that holds all our syrups, stripy straws, and coffee. Love the little zinc signs you used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deinse! Your caddy sounds adorable! Do you have pics on your blog? Also I am a big fan of your blog! Your home is gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. Just found your blog and I LOVE your style - I'm a new fan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind comment and the follow! So happy to have you!
      -Molly

      Delete
  4. Molly, your touch is absolutely lovely! I adore this tiered coffee/tea tray, and the beautiful things you put in it! Excited to be a new follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming by and joining me! I really appreciate it!
      -Molly

      Delete
  5. Hello Molly, You certainly have an incredibly talented nature for design. I love your living room especially the coffee table. It looks like you have the golden touch. I am your newest follower. Please accept my warm invitation to come over and follow me, too. Have a marvelous week. Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Connie! Than you for stopping by! I really appreciate your kind words and will definitely check out your blog! I hope you have a wonderful day!
      -Molly

      Delete
  6. So cute, Molly! I love anything that has to do with coffee :) Also thanks for the verse from Romans - I needed that reminder today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Ashley! I love coffee and verses too! Yummy! That is a verse my grandma is always reciting and it is so true! I needed a reminder that morning (and most mornings) as well :) I hope you have a blessed day!
      -Molly

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...