Friday, August 10, 2012

Recycled Hall Part 3: DIY Custom Art and Chandelier


Hello, daaaaaahlings! How are you today? I am splendid! I finally finished my other hall...that was way too slow of a process for my style. I like to get things done, and quickly at that! With all the craziness happening in my life, it seemed like I couldn't get inspired enough to actually finish this hall. Today, something just clicked and I finally did...
Anyhoo, the reveal will happen, ummmm.... probably tomorrow, or if you are in a different time zone, it may be the day after tomorrow for you. 
Today, I am going to show you how to create quick, easy, custom art. Like I mentioned before, this hall was designed using everything we already had (minus the 10 Euro rug I painted). I scavenged through all of my picture frames, pictures, canvases, everything, to see if I could come up with anything black, white, yellow, grey or silver. If it wasn't right, I simply painted it.
When I created my B"ee" wall last fall (haha, that rhymed), I printed off a picture of a bumble bee and put it in a white frame. One black, white and yellow picture...check!
I found the silhouette I made of my precious pooch, Penny, but it just needed a little extra zing added to it. I decided I was going to attach it to a canvas I got a while back at the Euro Store (like the American "Dollar Store", but about 17 cents more per item). I laid some cheap lace I found  over the canvas and taped it around the back.
 I then sprayed the canvas with some yellow spray-paint and quickly removed the lace before the paint could soak in where the lace was lying. The canvas was left with an awesome, distressed lace pattern.  I  mounted (makes it sound fancier than hot gluing) the silhouette on the canvas and it really finished off the piece.
I found another large silver frame and painted it black to make it a little bolder. I put a piece of scrap charcoal grey and white fabric (purchased last year from Ikea) that I found in my craft drawer in the frame.
On the other side of the hall, I hung a rustic wooden sign which reads "designer or artists studio" in French. I found that little guy a few months ago in the states for $2 at a thrift shop.
Also in the arrangement is a graphic that I received as a gift, black and white pictures a starfish, and an empty frame with a random curtain-rod finial for a coat hook.
I needed some extra pizzazz, so, like with our bedroom chandelier, I spray painted a faux (FAKE) crystal chandelier the same yellow that I used for the lace canvas piece. I WOULD NEVER PAINT A REAL CRYSTAL CHANDELIER and you shouldn't either! A $30 fake one...sure, why not? It really came out astonishingly sunny and wonderful. 

If you missed the last two posts on my recylcled hall...
Click here to see how to paint a custom rug 
and
click here to see a tutorial on how to make $2 wallpaper.

Click here to see the final reveal! 








Pin It
Linking up to:


7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the finial-turned-hook, the chandelier, and the book page wall!! All such great ideas! Beautiful as always!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Allison! I really appreciate it! I hope you are having a lovely and blessed weekend!

      Delete
  2. Molly! Your blog is amaZing!!!!! I'm your newest follower!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin! I am so thrilled that you are now following! I hope you have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. Hey Molly! I finally got a chance to check out your blog and I am loving it! Gorgeous decorating on the cheap... right up my alley :) Anyways, I LOVE the lace canvas you did! I can promise you that I will be trying this out in the near future... Thanks for the tips! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. mau untung banyak tanpa kerja?
    solusinya yaitu zeusbola!
    dengan deposit minimal Rp 50.000 kamu sudah bisa menjadi member kami dan bisa bermain berbagai banyak jenis game dengan 1 user id saja
    ???keuntungannya tidak main main???
    lansung gas untuk daftar ya bosquww

    terdapat beberapa jenis bank lokal yang bisa digunakan bermain di
    zeusbola seperti :






    UNTUK INFORMASI LEBIH LANJUT SILAHKAN HUBUNGI KAMI DI:
    WHATSAPP : +62 822-7710-4607
    FACEBOOK : @zeusbolame
    LINE : zeusbola
    INSTAGRAM : zeusbola.official

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...