Sunday, October 28, 2012

Simply Rustic Fall Details


Pin It
We have been having the most fabulous time, with my folks, touring Germany and France. Europe is Exquisite this time of year! The fall colors arrived just in time to greet my folks with warm hues of burgundy,  burnt orange and golden yellow. The smell of fireplaces isn't too shabby either. Yesterday, we even woke up to a fresh blanket of snow! In a couple hours we are headed to bella Italia to defrost a bit then The States to visit some family. What a fun month we have ahead of us! Because we aren't going to be here for much of the Falliday season, I didn't go as "all out" on my fall decor like I normally would, but I still wanted our home to be festive the days we were here to enjoy it! I decorated for fall a while back and finally have the opportunity to blog about it! Better late then never right?!
I found some adorable "natural" looking owls and wanted a whole family of them in our home. I feel they will look great  in seasonal decor year around!
I painted a few pumpkins white and wrapped the stems with jute. I added tacks to the others to give them a nail-head trim, starburst look. I used moss to make it appear as though the pumpkins were still in the patch.
 The owl above isn't going anywhere...mwahaha!
 These awesome birch-bark trees were a steal at a couple Euros each and will look lovely with our winter decor as well.
Some birds enjoy sitting on telephone lines...mine prefer an elegant wall sconce. The warmth from the candles keeps him warm and there is no chance of electrocution here...

I purchased this squirrel and acorn bowl last year and filled it with more white and jute pumpkins and moss.
Here is another look at my fall front porch, I added a few extra details...
 By the way, the E on the end of welcome (on my chalkboard sign) is under the com...

 I will be sharing more of our village and tales from our trips around Europe soon, but wanted to leave you with this picture of our village's castle from a hill right near our home. Enjoy your fall and I am off to gain 5 pounds eating pasta and gelato! I will update ya'll soon!
Ciao!


Linking up to:

  

      


14 comments:

  1. Love your fall decor, especially the owls! (I have an owl obsession lately.) Happy travels to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melanie! I really appreciate it! Owls are simply the cutest huh!

      Delete
  2. Love it!!! The squirrel bowl is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful place you live in, I love it. Your owls are a "HOOT", just had to say that!

    I cam over from Tuesday Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by!!! So glad to have you!

      Delete
  4. You have done it again! Simply beautiful You will be one of the features tomorrow at Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. So, pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Can't wait to see what you bring to the party tomorrow. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! The little owls are so very charming! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! I really appreciate your kind words!! Can't wait to check out your blog!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful display! I love the studded pumpkin, the trees and the owl under the glass- so cute! I'm loving the owls we're seeing everywhere this year. That crate with the bottles is awesome! Your outside decorating is perfect! What a nice way to be greeted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Liz! You made my day with your sweet compliment!! I hope youare having a lovely fall!

      Delete
  7. Those owls are too cute! Lovely decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Emily!! I hope you are keeping warm today! I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...