Thursday, November 7, 2013

DIY Moss Topiary


What is up, homies!!?? How are you all doing? Is it getting cold in your part of the world yet? It is brisk, rainy and drab here in Germany.  I have been keeping warm and cozy indoors, sipping homemade eggnog and working on giving our home some much needed updates! All the changes I am making have been done with all items I already have lying around.
In my last post I shared how I wanted to simplify our flower arrangement on our pallet wine bar. The urn and floral combo was far too frilly for me.  I swapped the urn out for a rusty, old olive bucket and love the contrast between the industrial bucket and the elegant flowers. I decided I still wanted to use our urn but, wanted a simple arrangement for it.

After a few minutes of brainstorming I came up with stupid-easy DIY moss ball topiary. Seriously, a four year old could do this... However, I don't recommend letting your four year old use a glue gun.
Not only was it free (or crazy cheap if you don't already have moss), but it only took 15 minutes to make. 

All you do is crumple paper into a large sphere-ish (notice the ish...it doesn't have to be perfect) figure than wrap masking tape on it to keep the edges down. 

After you put together your cruddy looking ball you just hot glue moss on it. Simple as that! I only did the top part that is sticking out of the urn because I didn't want to waste moss on a part of the ball that won't even be seen. 

Voila!

So what do you think of my ball??
 I can't wait to show you the rest of the changes I have made to give our barn a new "look" using only items we already have! 
What are you working on today?




7 comments:

  1. no matter the simplicity, it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Miss Meg! I have to say, your home is so stunning it definitely is an inspiration to me!

      Delete
  2. I like it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I hope you are having a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. Oh, that looks great!
    And I never thought about using crumpled paper as base, what an awesome idea! Thanks :)

    Love, Midsommarflicka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, styrofoam balls are so expensive so I figured this will do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much broseph!! I appreciate you stopping by and leaving me some love! Love you! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...